Monday, May 6, 2013

Goodbye twenties, it was fun while it lasted.

A month ago I turned twenty nine. Twenty nine. That means I have less than a year left of being in my twenties. I never thought I would be one of those women who panics every time a birthday passes but here I am! I have to say that I am truly going to miss being in my twenties. All of my biggest life changing events and some of my happiest moments all happened in my twenties. It's going to be really hard to say goodbye.

I'm also a little unhappy that I'm officially getting "old". When I was a kid I thought thirty sounded ancient. And now that it is almost here I'm not sure how to deal with it. I mean getting farther and farther away from your youth is never easy. I don't feel old. Well, not all the time anyway. I sort of feel like I'm in some weird in between space somewhere between young and old. But sometimes things happen that make me wonder if I should worry. Like last week when I woke up and looked in the mirror and realized that after getting a full nights sleep I still had managed to develop dark circles under my eyes.  Or how now I have to think really carefully about whether to have a slice of cake or a bowl of ice cream. It just doesn't come off as easily as it used to. Or how I'm not really sure if it's still okay to shop at the Forever 21 or if I should just go ahead and start shopping in the old lady department of the department stores. I wonder if other almost thirties have this same problem.

I guess I'll just have to go with the flow and see where it takes me. Maybe my thirties will turn out to be the best years of my life. Who knows.

No comments: